[ovs-discuss] libnuma missing FreeBSD 11.1

fpostic at protonmail.com fpostic at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:17:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to build Open vSwitch by following this guide :

http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/dpdk/

uname -a gives :

FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9

In the guide I skipped the part for installing DPDK from source and followed this guide instead :

https://dpdk.org/doc/guides/freebsd_gsg/install_from_ports.html

Everything runs fine until I try to run ./configure --with-dpdk=/usr/local/share/dpdk/x86_64-native-bsdapp-clan/lib in ovs folder.

I get the following error :

**** Non relevant output from ./configure

checking target hint for cgcc... x86_64

checking whether dpdk datapath is enabled... yes

checking for library containing get_mempolicy... no

configure: error: unable to find libnuma, install the dependency package

I guess this error message is intended to linux users because searching on the web libnuma+freebsd returns no package or port to install on FreeBSD. Instead I found that numactl was available since FreeBSD 11.0.

./configure end correctly without --with-dpdk option

What can I do to fix this?

thanks,

Florian