[ovs-discuss] OVN Logo

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo majopela at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 06:24:10 UTC 2018

On 2 August 2018 at 18:58:49, Justin Pettit (jpettit at ovn.org) wrote:

Hi, Miguel. I agree that’s a great idea. We had one go-round with VMware’s
design team, but we weren’t totally satisfied. We’re supposed to have
another meeting in the next week or two.

Oh, awesome :)

Yeah, normally it takes a bunch of iterations until you find something that
looks like “your project” :)

However, I’m certainly open to having another group take a stab at it as
long as they know there’s a parallel effort going on. (I just don’t want
anyone to think that they’re wasting their time.)

If the VMware effort doesn’t go anywhere, I agree that opening it up to the
community is a great next step. I just don’t want to stop that effort
mid-stream either.

Ack, makes sense, although I’m not sure if you mean that we may inform both
sides and let them work, or in the other hand you prefer the VMware folks
to finish what they are doing, and based on the results we then put the Red
Hat folks to work in parallel. I’m fine with any option, it’s just great to
know we’re working on it :)

Regardless of where the logos come from, we’ll open up the final decision
to the community.

+1, sounds great :)

Miguel Ángel,

--Justin