[ovs-discuss] OVN - MTU path discovery

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo majopela at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 15:20:12 UTC 2018

We didn’t understand why a MTU missmatch in one direction worked (N/S),
but in other direction (S/N) didn’t work… and we found that that it’s
actually
working (at least for TCP, via MSS negotiation), we had a missconfiguration
In one of the physical interfaces.

So, in the case of TCP we are fine. TCP is smart enough to negotiate
properly.

Other protocols like ICMP with the DF flag, or UDP… would not get the ICMP
that notifies the sender about the MTU miss-match.

I suspect that the most common cases are covered, and that it’s not worth
pursuing what I was asking for at least with a high priority, but I’d like
to hear
opinions.

Best regards,
Miguel Ángel.