[ovs-discuss] The kernel module does not support meters

Vikas Kumar vikassanmacs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:34:15 UTC 2018

Thank you very much Ben Pfaff. it helped me a lot.

Thanks
Vikash

Justin Pettit Aug 7 (2 days ago)
Right, the OVS out-of-tree kernel module (the one that ships with OVS)
doesn'..

Did you read the FAQ?

Q: I get an error like this when I configure Open vSwitch:

        configure: error: Linux kernel in <dir> is version <x>, but
        version newer than <y> is not supported (please refer to the
        FAQ for advice)

    What should I do?

    A: You have the following options:

    - Use the Linux kernel module supplied with the kernel that you are
using.
      (See also the following FAQ.)

    - If there is a newer released version of Open vSwitch, consider
building
      that one, because it may support the kernel that you are building
      against.  (To find out, consult the table in the previous FAQ.)

    - The Open vSwitch "master" branch may support the kernel that you are
      using, so consider building the kernel module from "master".

    All versions of Open vSwitch userspace are compatible with all versions
of
    the Open vSwitch kernel module, so you do not have to use the kernel
module
    from one source along with the userspace programs from the same source.