[ovs-discuss] Multi-Node RSPAN Mirroring

Bryan Richardson bryan at activeshadow.com
Thu Aug 30 22:15:33 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 3:05 PM Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

> I don't see anything in your description about setting flood_vlans.  If
> you didn't do that, then please read the description of the setting in
> ovs-vswitchd.conf.db(5).

Thank you for the hint. I just set flood_vlans equal to my output-vlan on
the host I'm sourcing the mirrored traffic from. My capture VM is connected
to the RSPAN VLAN (output-vlan) on a different host, with no special OVS
configuration, and I'm still not seeing any of the mirrored traffic in the
VM. I do see the traffic leaving the host sourcing the mirrored traffic on
the RSPAN VLAN, so I think it's an issue with the physical switch that
trunks the two hosts together.

ovs-vsctl \
       -- --id=@m create mirror name=m0 select-all=true select-vlan=101
output-vlan=201 \