[ovs-discuss] open vswitch / openflow includes for nicira extensions

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Thu Dec 20 01:59:05 UTC 2018

I have been using header file definitions found in
https://www.opennetworking.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/openflow-switch-v1.4.1.pdf
to build an open flow controller.

The controller communicates successfully with openvswitch.

But in tutorials such as
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/Documentation/tutorials/ovs-conntrack.rst,
the command line examples use flow modifications using non-standard
values and parameters.

Are these enumerations and structures available to controllers? If so,
what header files would be included to access the enumerations and
structures?

I've looked at files in /usr/include/openvswitch and
/usr/include/openflow, but nothing is obvious for working with nicira
extenstions.  Even searching through a cloned github repository of ovs
doesn't yield a definition for something like CS_ESTABLISHED that I
could follow through.  I see references, but I don't seem to see the
original definition or enumeration.

Or is there a better way to build a controller to use the nicira extensions?