[ovs-discuss] Anything wrong with my settings, using two NICs for VPN.

luckydog xf luckydogxf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 09:37:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

    I'm using OpenVswitch and Openstack to build an instance with two NICs
named eth0 and eth1, both NICs get IP by DHCP of DNSmasq.

    I also build a SoftEther VPN serice, eth0  is as management IP for SSH,
while eth1 as IP assignment  when VPN user dials in.

   Eth0 is 105.6/24 and eth1 is 108.7/24, when user dials in, eth1 cannot
get an IP for him. I use ` tcpdump` to find that phsical NIC(name ethX)
which eth2 of this instance attach to  does not receive any dhcp request at
all.

   I use `dhcpclient eth1`, ethX gets dhcp reqest and reply.

   I guess `flow table` or something may drop requests sent by users when
he dials in.  But it's hard to debug.

    Any ideas?  Thanks.