[ovs-discuss] Running ovs-appctl to trace packet

Myra Sh shmyra04 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:09:42 UTC 2018

Thank you for your reply.

I tried:
 OVS_RUNDIR=$(pwd)
exportOVS_RUNDIR
in all nodes.

After that,when I run for example: *"ovs-appctl  ofproto/trace br1
in_port=1"* on bridge1, I receive the following message:

*WARN|failed to connect to .../n1.conf/ovs-vswitchd.50.ctl*

there is no ovs-vswitch.50.ctl in $(pwd) directory.

I found *ovs-vswitchd.50.ctl* in */usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ *directory
and after that:

*ovs-appctl  -t  /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ ovs-vswitchd.50.ctl
bridge/dump-flows br1 *

result:

*unknown bridge*
*ovs-appctl: /usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ ovs-vswitchd.50.ctl :server
returend an error*

the mentioned command only works on a specific bridge(br3).

So I guess I should try to find the correct  ovs-vswitchd.*.ctl for each
bridge but it's not reasonable when I have several OVSs.

Do you have any suggestion in this case?

Is there any other way to trace the packets in OVS?