[ovs-discuss] About ovs2.8.1 & meter & iperf

man manml at 163.com
Fri Feb 2 15:20:31 UTC 2018

Hi,
excuse me,when I used the ovs2.8.1 and implemented  “ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow13 add-meter s2 meter=1,kbps,band=type=drop,rate=10000” the CLI output “OFPMMFC_INVALID_METER”.  If I typed "ovs-vsctl set bridge s2 datapath_type=netdev" before, it was succeed.
But if ovs was ”netdev“, the iperf test was failture.

ryu-manager simple_switch_13.py
mn --topo linear,3 --mac --switch ovs,protocols=OpenFlow13 --controller remote

The result is as follows:
The server did not show the result.
So I really want to know "netdev" model and the meter has what kind of relationship?
What to do to use meter in ovs2.8.1 and test success?

I hope you can answer it.

Thank you very much!