[ovs-discuss] Have to write whole path for using utilities

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 09:16:16 UTC 2018

On Feb 7, 2018 11:57 AM, "Attitude Killer" <attkillrocks at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

I cloned ovs from github. When I use this command "ovsdb-tool create
/usr/local/etc/openvswitch/conf.db \  vswitchd/vswitch.ovsschema"

I get an error saying :* "The program 'ovsdb-tool' is currently not
installed. You can install it by typing:*
*sudo apt install openvswitch-switch"*

Installing openvswitch-switch via apt installs 2.5 version of ovs whereas I
want to use 2.8.1.

I make it work by writing the whole path to the ovsdb folder and also the
same happens with using utilities. For example:

*$ /home/att/ovs/utilities/ovs-vsctl --version*

Please help me with the solution of this problem.

Please refer to this http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/

This might help you.

Since you have cloned the code. I assume you want to compile from sources.
Before installing from sources, I would suggest to uninstall the deb
packages you have installed.

Thanks
Numan

Thanks