[ovs-discuss] [ovs-dev] DPDK: How to send packets from one OVS bridge to another OVS bridge while running in the same user space ?

Kapil A kapil20084 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 02:47:12 UTC 2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the clarification. I also came across patch port as the best
option between ovs Bridges. But, is it possible to use patch ports to an
external OpenFlow bridge? Like one bridge is OVS, other is Lagopus bridge
or LINC bridge? For my use case, I want to send packets from OVS Bridge to
another OpenFlow bridge(like a loopback port) as OVS doesn't support the
functionality I am looking for.

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018, 21:22 Jan Scheurich <jan.scheurich at ericsson.com>
wrote:

> Hi Kapil,
>
> This is what patch ports are for. They are only traversed for the first
> packet of a flow in the slow path. The resulting datapath flow entry
> collapses the processing in both bridges into a single megaflow. So there
> is no performance overhead compared to having a single bridge.
>
> Regards, Jan

Regards
Kapil