[ovs-discuss] REDHAT: Route issue with dpdk-bond ports

Vishal Deep Ajmera vishal.deep.ajmera at ericsson.com
Thu Jan 18 10:12:40 UTC 2018

> BTW, I suggested earlier but maybe I wasn't clear.
>
> Instead of adding networking configuration to the bridge's port, just
> leave it alone with a name that doesn't bother you.
>
> Then create an internal port with the name and the networking
> configuration you need. It won't change its MAC and neither lose
> the routes. They both will be tap devices anyways.

Issue with assigning IP and routes to a tap port is that this tap port gets
a random mac address which cannot be guaranteed to be unique
across multiple nodes. I think that is the reason why bridge is assigned
same mac address of a physical port (when port is added to a bridge) since
physical ports will have unique mac address.