[ovs-discuss] VMM + OVS : Error starting domain: error creating macvtap interface macvtap0 at vport5 (52:54:00:55:18:e7): Device or resource busy

アギレセバスチャン jsebastian.japan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 04:44:19 UTC 2018

Hello Mr. O'Reilly,

Thanks for your reply.

I managed to get around the issue by editing the .xml file of each virtual
machine adding the following code in the interface section of the vports:

<interface type='bridge'>
      <source bridge='mybridge'/>
      <virtualport type='openvswitch' />
    </interface>

It is necessary to delete the following line (vportx is whatever name you
gave to the virtual port created with the ovs command for adding ports):

<source dev='vportx'/>

Now I am working on adding a controller and make it command the OVS bridge,
any further assistance I will let you know.

Thanks again!

Sebastian