[ovs-discuss] unable to bring up simple switch with "eno1" interface for ethernet

Guru Shetty guru at ovn.org
Thu Jul 5 14:56:42 UTC 2018

> So, if I build OVS from source, am I going to have the same problem? It
> seems that everything in Squeeze is systemd? I guess I could try and
> see. Will the init.d script work?

You said it is OVS 2.6.2. First thing to do is to simply modify your
/etc/init.d/openvswitch-switch to include the following 2 lines and see
what happens.
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/debian/openvswitch-switch.init#L30-L31

You can build OVS 2.9.x from the repo and install it. Before installing it,
make sure to purge the old installation.