[ovs-discuss] ovs-appctl to monitor HVs sb connection status

aginwala aginwala at asu.edu
Sun Jul 8 20:09:12 UTC 2018

Hi:

As per discussions in past OVN meetings regarding ovn monitoring stand
point, need some clarity from design perspective. I am thinking of below
approaches:

1. Can we implement something like ovs-appctl -t <sbdb> chassis-conn/list
that will show all HVs stats (connected/non-connected)?

2. or  on individual HVs using ovs-appctl -t ovn-controller
chassis-conn/list ?

For now, we can manually verify with couple of ways on individual HV using
netstat, controller logs, etc. However, it makes sense to have some feature
to quickly get a glimpse of whats connected and what not in a large env
setup having many HV counts instead of checking individual chassis.

Hence, need some agreement/suggestions before starting the implementation
along with some other alternatives if in mind.

Regards,