[ovs-discuss] FW: OVS enabled WiFi AP connection to OpenDayLight

Hamada Alshaer halshaer at ed.ac.uk
Sat Jul 14 21:19:12 UTC 2018

Dear  ovs,

I have a  wireless WiFi access point which has a single and single Ethernet
port.

An OPENWrt operating system is running on it. I installed on this
Openvswitch.

When I use the following command on the WiFi AP:

ovs-vsctl  set-controller  bridge name tcp: IP of controller: service port

The WiFi becomes unpingable: I mean by that I can no longer ping it even
from the controller itself.

When I read in the deployment recommendations, I have found out that there
should be the followings:  Separate the data network (that connects devices
using the network) from the management network (that connects the network
devices to OpenDaylight).

Note

Deploying OpenDaylight on a separate, private management network does not
eliminate threats, but only mitigates them. By construction, some messages
must flow from the data network to the management network, e.g., OpenFlow
packet_inmessages, and these create an attack surface even if it is a small
one.

However, I  have a single Ethernet port for the WiFi AP. How I can separate
the management network from the data network on a single ethernet port.
This AP has a single Ethernet port.Looking forward very much to receiving
your reply!

Thanks,

Best regards,