[ovs-discuss] [ovs-dev] ovsdb-server core dump and ovsdb corruption using raft cluster

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Jul 25 22:06:12 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:48:08AM -0700, Girish Moodalbail wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are able to reproduce this issue on OVS 2.9.2 at will. The OVSDB NB
> server or OVSDB SB server dumps core while it is trying to compact the
> database.
>
> You can reproduce the issue by using:
>
> root at u1804-HVM-domU:/var/crash# ovs-appctl -t
> /var/run/openvswitch/ovnsb_db.ctl ovsdb-server/compact OVN_Southbound
>
> 2018-07-18T17:34:29Z|00001|unixctl|WARN|error communicating with
> unix:/var/run/openvswitch/ovnsb_db.ctl: End of file
> ovs-appctl: /var/run/openvswitch/ovnsb_db.ctl: transaction error (End of
> file)

Hmm.  I've now spent some time playing with clustered OVSDB, in 3-server
and 5-server configurations, and triggering compaction at various points
while starting and stopping servers.  But I haven't yet managed to
trigger this crash.

Is there anything else that seems to be an important element?

Thanks,

Ben.