[ovs-discuss] Revalidation time duration

Sathya sathya.atmakur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:21:57 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I was looking into OVS code and need few clarifications.

1) why does Revalidate thread dynamically changing the flow_limit so that
it limits the number of data path flows If dump duration is taking more
then 1sec.
Is it because when we add the rule from the controller, It has to be
applied to all the data path rules with in particular time? With this, we
can not scale much right?

2) idle time to delete the data path flow by default is 10sec.
is there any reason or calculation for this?

3) To know the number of currently installed rules in data path,  OVS is
getting from kernel modules. In case, if we offload the flows to
hardware or any other application,  this number always 0. So This channel
has to be changed in case of offload scenarios right?

Thanks & Regards,
Sathya.