[ovs-discuss] OVS+DPDK

Pedro Serrano kpiq at gmx.us
Mon Jun 4 12:30:54 UTC 2018

Flavio,

Thanks.  That's what I suspected.   I guess if too many packets that are
meant to be managed by DPDK get exposed to the kernel space via a TAP
interface then the speed gains would be lost.

I've also found that solutions to manage Layer 3 for DPDK devices are not
part of OVS.  Either OVN or some Layer 3 NOS compatible with OVS must be
used.

Regards

Pedro

Evolution - “go from nothing to something, by chance...” - Dr Raymond
Damadian, Inventor of the MRI
Full quote:
“If you want to insist that you know how creation came about without the
existence of our maker you have to explain how to violate all the laws of
physics and go from nothing to something, by chance.”

Pedro Serrano (send all replies to kpiq at gmx.us)