[ovs-discuss] OVSDB server echo

Paul Greenberg greenpau at outlook.com
Fri Jun 15 18:48:40 UTC 2018

All,

While working on a Goland OVSDB library, I ran into the following issue.

Per RFC 7047 Section 4.1.11, a server can send messages to verify if a connection is alive.

Typically, with a one shot execution client, a user created id (integer) and payload for echo. Then the connection closes and no server echo will be received.

However, when a client maintains a persistent connection to OVSDB server, the server can sent echo too. Here is what the server sends:

{“id”:”echo”,”method”:”echo”,”params”:[]}

My expectations were that the id would be an integer, and as opposed to string. and the message would not be empty. For example, the message (params) could be the ID of last processed message.

Any opinions on the above? Unreasonable expectations?

Best Regards,
Paul Greenberg