[ovs-discuss] fedora 28 bootloop with ovsdb-server and networking

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Mon Jun 25 23:34:48 UTC 2018

Hi. I have very bad issue when booting some servers.
I have infiniband hardware with IPoIB (ip over infiniband).
When sometimes ib network not ready (subnet manager down, link down)
networking service failed to load (systemd-networkd), because it can't
up ib* device. But ovsdb-server can't start because networking not
ready.
So in kvm i have messages about

Failed to start OpenVswitch database unit
Stopped OpenVSwitch database unit
Starting OpenvSwitc database unit
Failed to start Networking service
after that messages looped from the begging (i'm wait more then 30m ,
but tty console not appeared).
What can i do in such case? Why ovsdb-server have hard depency in networking?
As i understand it can bring connection up after some times when
networking ready....?

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru