[ovs-discuss] Starting up Inband controller

Soliman Awad Alshra´a Abdullah TU Ilmenau Abdullah.Alshraa at tu-ilmenau.de
Thu Mar 1 14:16:39 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build my topology with In-band controller, So I started running some available script

 On the one hand, I have no problem when I use these instructions on

 http://tocai.dia.uniroma3.it/compunet-wiki/index.php/In-band_control_with_Open_vSwitch

(sudo mn --topo linear,5 --switch ovsk,inband=True, --controller=remote,ip=10.0.0.3)

 when I check the disable-in-band="true" by
( sudo ovs-vsctl --columns=other_config list bridge | grep "disable-in-band")

I get nothing as it is expected, and I can run the topology well.  (pingall)

On the other hand, when I use the other topologies in (for example)

 https://techandtrains.com/2013/10/05/in-band-controller-with-mininet-p art-2/
or
https://github.com/hmd1st/mn_test/blob/master/inband_delay_link.py

I check the disable-in-band="true"
I get  -->   other_config        : {datapath-id="0000000000000001", disable-in-band="true"}

OVS switches does not seem to try to connect to Ryu's host and I can't do ping betwwen all hosts.
my ovs is 2.0.2 which support Of 1.0 as default  so I uses  simple_switch.py as a controller as well sa I upgraded my ovs and tried to use the suitable controller( simple_switch_13.py ),  but nothing happens.

I know my problem might be simple, but I have no idea why I cannot start up the controller well.

please, Could you guide me to my problem !

 Thanks in advance.
A.Soliman