[ovs-discuss] mtu_request

Chris Boley ilgtech75 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:17:09 UTC 2018

Disregard I figured this out:
OVS:
foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl show
126a4b57-4837-42a9-95d6-d818b35e95bd
   Bridge "vbridge0"
       Port "vnet0"
           tag: 2
           Interface "vnet0"
       Port "vbond0"
           Interface "eth2"
           Interface "eth1"
       Port "vbridge0"
           Interface "vbridge0"
               type: internal
   ovs_version: "2.5.2"
foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl list-ports vbridge0
vbond0
vnet0

foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl set interface vnet0 mtu=1520
foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl set interface eth1 mtu=1520
foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl set interface eth2 mtu=1520

foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl set interface eth2 mtu=1520
foo at VMHOST:~$
foo at VMHOST:~$
foo at VMHOST:~$
foo at VMHOST:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl list interface vbridge0
_~ truncated output

"The bridge MTU is automatically set to the smallest port MTU. So you just
have to set the MTU of each port of the bridge."

Albeit,I had set MTU on my external ports via my interfaces file, I still
have to force OVS to understand the same.

Sorry still learning.............