[ovs-discuss] tap ports...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 6 05:31:30 UTC 2018

Can OVS create tap ports like OpenVPN or KVM (Qemu) or User Mode Linux
use?  I.e. an Ethernet interface inside OVS and a socket that
applications can glom onto and use.

I think I can create the tap interfaces manually (via tunctl or ip
tuntap…) and then add them to a bridge.  However I feel like this is
unnecessary and may very well be something that OVS can do without the
separate devices.

Hence my question if OVS can create (internal) tap interfaces, much the
same way that it can create (internal) vEth (like) interfaces.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die