[ovs-discuss] Facing issues while using OVS-DPDK based vhostuser interface.
ian.stokes at intel.com
Tue Mar 6 12:45:55 UTC 2018
Is this still an issue for you?
I tried recreating the issue on my own system following your setup steps but I did not encounter any issue, I was able to ping both the OVS bridge and external VMs using vhostuser.
If this is still an issue could your provide the OVS logs for you system when the problem occurs.
Also the version of QEMU you are using in the host along with any setup steps you perform in the guest would be useful for debugging.
From: ovs-discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org [mailto:ovs-discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of Anirudh Chanagiri
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:31 AM
To: bugs at openvswitch.org
Cc: Ramana Pillalamarri <Ramana.Pillalamarri at riverbed.com>; Siddharth Mundle <Siddharth.Mundle at riverbed.com>; Corredor, Alejandro <alejandro.corredor at intel.com>
Subject: [ovs-discuss] Facing issues while using OVS-DPDK based vhostuser interface.
We are having some issues using ovs-dpdk with vhostuser interface,
Seeking your help on the same.
Description of the issue :
1. Host is an Ubuntu 17.04.
2. We have created an open OVS switch with 2 arms , one arm of the switch is physical interface which is given to DPDK driver and the the other arm is the dpdkvhostuser interface, which is given to an ubuntu 16.04 VM.
3. Inside the Ubuntu VM , we are not running any DPDK based application.
4. We just want to check the connectivity of the guest VM to the outside world using DPDK-OVS
1. Open v switch version.
ovs-vswitchd --version ovs-vswitchd (Open vSwitch) 2.8.0
2. Guest Ubuntu 16.04, Kernel version 4.4.0-62-generic
3. Host Ubuntu 17.04, Kernel version 4.13.0-32-generic
4. DPDK version 17.05.2
We are unable to have connectivity to/from the VM using OVS-DPDK vhostuser interface.
1. If we assign an ip to the OVS bridge and try pinging it, even that doesn’t work.
2. If use a tun/tap interface instead of dpdkvhostuser interface the connectivity works fine. So the issue is specific to dpdkvhostuser interface.
Seeking your help to resolve the same.
Attaching the output of some useful commands and a setup diagram.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the discuss