[ovs-discuss] Passive openflow proxy

Xiao Liang shaw.leon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:51:23 UTC 2018

Hi all,

In my experience, one thing I feel inconvenient is that some switches
don't support controller-initiated connections. It would be helpful
for testing and debugging if ovs-ofctl could be used.
I'd propose an openflow proxy which is responsible for accepting and
maintaining connections from switches, opening sockets for controllers
to connect, and proxy messages between them. So that openflow tools
like ovs-ofctl can operate on these switches.
Another approach might be adding a "passive mode" to ovs-ofctl, which
listens for connections, and opens an interactive shell to run
commands.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Xiao