[ovs-discuss] ovn-controller periodically reporting status

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Mar 14 22:05:31 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 05:46:41PM +0530, Anil Venkata wrote:
> In Openstack neutron reference implementation, all agents will be
> periodically reporting their status to neutron server. Similarly in
> Openstack OVN based deployment, we want ovn-controller to periodically
> report its status to neutron server.

What kind of monitoring do you need?  If it's just a matter of finding
out that the controllers are still alive, then the existing "nb_cfg"
column in Chassis can suffice.  When neutron wants to check on the
controllers, it can increment nb_cfg in NB_Global and then see which
controllers update nb_cfg in Chassis in response.