[ovs-discuss] Issue with setting ovs in a vm

Neelakantam Gaddam neelugaddam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:04:33 UTC 2018

Hi Ashish,

The bridge mac address is not picked-up from its ports if the port mac
address is multicast, reserved, local or zero.
Please check the mac address of the port you are adding to the bridge. My
guess is that the mac address of the port is having local bit set.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Ashish Karki <ashish.karki19 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> We are Creating a  ovs-bridge and adding a port to it in a vm. Usually
> when we add the port to the ovs-br the mac of the port gets attached to the
> bridge. But this is not the case when done inside vm
> Instead br keeps its random mac.
> Just to give you the reference we are trying to deploy openstack via
> kolla-ansible inside a vm and br-ex keeps getting random mac instead of
> neutron external interface.
> Any help would be appriciated
>
> Br,
> Ashish Karki