[ovs-discuss] Turn bridge into a HUB

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:58:40 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have a physical port receives traffic from mirrored ports in a physical
(core) switch. I would like to pass these packets to multiple VMs (xen),
replicating vlan tags when existing.

With linux bridges, I set aging to 0 and, as it does not understand vlan
tags, everything works. Now I want to setup the same situation with ovs.
I'm still a newbie with ovs.

Xen uses the /etc/xen/scripts/vif-openvswitch that allows me to specify tag
and trunk argument when a vm port is added (not much besides that). As I
might receive multiple vlans, I would like to not list all of them.

I saw that flood_vlans might be useful. I simply need to flood all traffic
from the physical port on every other port but the physical one,
replicating vlan tags.

Regards,
--

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca