[ovs-discuss] Connectivity between bridges with netdev and system datapath

Dawid Deja dawidd at telco.com
Wed Mar 21 09:02:23 UTC 2018

Hello,

In my environment I have 2 OVS bridges - 1st with datapath type netdev
and 2nd with datapath type system and I'd like to connect those 2. I've
tried patchport - they does not work[1], but it is mentioned that one
can provide such functionality. How much effort would it take to patch
OVS, so patch port works beetwen netdev and system datapaths?

Moreover, I've tried veth, but it also seems to not be functional. Are
there any other way to connect such bridges?

Dawid

[1] https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2017-October/045
499.html