[ovs-discuss] How to enable kernel configuration options NET_CLS_BASIC, NET_SCH_INGRESS, and NET_ACT_POLICE?

Taimoor Alam taimoor.alam12 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:45:50 UTC 2018

Hi

I would like to enable ingress policing in my OVS installation inside a
Ubuntu 16.04 VM. The installation guide
<https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/general/#build-requirements>
mentions
the following:

To compile the kernel module on Linux, you must also install the following:

   -

   A supported Linux kernel version.

   *For optional support of ingress policing, you must enable kernel
   configuration options NET_CLS_BASIC, NET_SCH_INGRESS, and NET_ACT_POLICE,
   either built-in or as modules. NET_CLS_POLICE is obsolete and not needed.*

How to enable such kernel configuration options? A  guide or tutorial would
be helpful.

Regards
Taimoor