[ovs-discuss] EMC lookup disabled but still there some processing going on with emc lookup

O Mahony, Billy billy.o.mahony at intel.com
Fri Mar 23 13:26:24 UTC 2018

Are you setting emc-insert-inv-prob in the ovsdb before OvS starts?

There should not be any packets being processed before the configuration is applied but if you remove the early startup time until you are sure the system is in a steady state from the analysis do you still see time being spend in emc_lookup and emc_insert?

Are you sure that the debug info (.exe) available to vtune when it is analyzing is identical to the one that was used to gather the stats? Otherwise an address could be attributed to the wrong symbol.

/Billy.