[ovs-discuss] Help regarding patching OVS

Taimur Hafeez taimurhafeez93 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:45:25 UTC 2018

Dear All,
I have got the patch for some modifications in TCP header in OVS.
Unfortunately, I am unable to patch it with OVS with patch command. I have
tried on different OVS and Ubuntu versions. The error I always get in
Terminal is mentioned below:

ubuntu at sdnhubvm:~/openvswitch$ patch -t <  tcp_rwnd.diff
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/datapath/linux/compat/include/linux/openvswitch.h
b/datapath/linux/compat/include/linux/openvswitch.h
|index 12260d8..dd84b04 100644
|--- a/datapath/linux/compat/include/linux/openvswitch.h
|+++ b/datapath/linux/compat/include/linux/openvswitch.h
--------------------------
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/include/openvswitch/flow.h b/include/openvswitch/flow.h
|index df80dfe..64da205 100644
|--- a/include/openvswitch/flow.h
|+++ b/include/openvswitch/flow.h
--------------------------
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/include/openvswitch/ofp-actions.h b/include/openvswitch/ofp-
actions.h
|index 74e9dcc..a7512e5 100644
|--- a/include/openvswitch/ofp-actions.h
|+++ b/include/openvswitch/ofp-actions.h
--------------------------
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/lib/odp-execute.c b/lib/odp-execute.c
|index 65a6fcd..b052f1c 100644
|--- a/lib/odp-execute.c
--------------------------
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
2 out of 2 hunks ignored
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/lib/odp-util.c b/lib/odp-util.c
|index 626a82c..a124d6e 100644
|--- a/lib/odp-util.c
|+++ b/lib/odp-util.c
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
patch: **** malformed patch at line 192:  {

I request you all if anybody could help me in patching properly. I have
patch file that needs to be patched with OVS. Thanks!

Best regards,