[ovs-discuss] SELECT groups - hash

Slavica Tomovic slavicat.cg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:45:50 UTC 2018

 Hi,

I am using SELECT Group tables for load balancing purposes in OpenFlow
network. However, I found that OVS by default performs hashing only on IP
addresses, MAC addresses, VLAN IDs, TCP ports and EthType fields. Is it
possible to change this and use a hash function that depends on UDP port?

I have read these posts:
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2016-July/041934.html
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2015-March/214529.html

and according to them I need to do this by implementing a logic for
creation of group properties structure on SDN controller. Can I avoid this
somehow and configure OVS switches with some command to perform hashing on
UDP ports?

Thank you in advance,

Slavica