[ovs-discuss] OVS as a destination

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Tue May 1 20:25:40 UTC 2018

> On May 1, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Sh j <segunhz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If the destination of a packet be an OVS, is there any way to set the OVS to get the packet without sending any packet_in messages to the controller for handling this packet?

I'm not sure that I understand the question.  Are you asking is there a way for OVS to send some packets to the controller without sending an OpenFlow packet-in?  I suppose you could mirror the packet to a system through a dedicated port, VLAN, or tunnel.  However, if you want to be using OpenFlow, packet-in is the natural way for sending packets to a controller.

--Justin