[ovs-discuss] Github Services deprecation warning

Mark Michelson mmichels at redhat.com
Wed May 9 21:21:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

I noticed that e-mails sent to the ovs-git list since the beginning of
May have had the following:

       **NOTE:** This service been marked for deprecation:
https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/

       Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.

I hadn't noticed any discussion about this yet, and thought I'd bring it
up in case OVS maintainers hadn't noticed. Going to that link, the
suggestion is to replace the use of Github services with webhooks or
Github apps. Is there any roadmap on dealing with this deprecation? Are
there other Github services aside from e-mail being used by OVS?

Thanks,
Mark