[ovs-discuss] GRE key rules

Bilal Saleem mbs10 at nyu.edu
Mon May 28 20:33:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am working on simple topology as follows:
                          /      |     \
Veth ports-----S1 -- S2 -- S3 ---- H1
                          \           /
                               S4
I am sending raw packets cooked with GRE headers on Veth ports. I want to
create rules based on GRE key value like this:
match2 = parser.OFPMatch(in_port=2, eth_dst=dst, eth_type=0x0800,
ip_proto=47, *grekey=XXXXX*)
S1 will decide where to send the packet based on gre key information.

Port on S1 connected to veth ports can receive non-gre packets(TCP etc) as
well and there is are no tunnels configured.

Can you help with how to define rules such as above, I am using ryu as
controller.

Regards