[ovs-discuss] GRE key rules

Paul Greenberg greenpau at outlook.com
Wed May 30 23:04:38 UTC 2018

Bilal,

Regarding n^2 interfaces, I think you can have a single GRE interface without remote_ip set. Instead, the interface is "flow" type interface. Otherwise, the diameter of your network is very limited, because of limited number of interfaces you can create.

It is similar to how Geneve interface works in OVN. There, you have a single point-to-multipoint Geneve tunnel interface. Additionally, there are rules to set outer header destination IP address.

Regards,
Paul

Best Regards,
Paul Greenberg