[ovs-discuss] 100G with OvS

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Fri Nov 2 11:35:18 UTC 2018

Thank you very much for the slides,

Hmm the presentation doesn’t actually have much detail on why the upper bound is ~30G (I guess per port), well with 6 cores anyways, using the slow x86 path.

So is the point you’re trying to make that above 40G per port one needs to enter the realm of “smart” NICs please

If true then I’d be interested in how do these differ from the say P4/Tofino like chips.

I guess that’s the realm where I’d be limited in terms of available OVS features to only those for which a HW acceleration is available on the NIC –is that assumption correct please?

adam

netconsultings.com

::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::