[ovs-discuss] Docker & Open vSwitch question.

Kevin Swagger kdawg1496 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:21:01 UTC 2018

I am trying to have two separate networks each with an OVS bridge. I have a few docker containers connected to each bridge. I used a command like "ovs-docker add-port ovs-br1 eth1 container1 " to connect the docker containers to the bridges. I tried creating my own docker network that all the containers used and when I removed the patch connection between the two bridges the containers could still communicate. When I created two separate docker networks the containers could not communicate to the other network of containers. Is there a way I can accomplish my goal?

I want the two Open vSwitch bridges to be able to communicate by a patch. I want the docker containers to only communicate over the patch and if I remove the patch I want the containers to not be able to communicate.

Thank you