[ovs-discuss] Adding a linux bond to ovs bridge

Srinivas talkwithsrinivas at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 7 06:24:02 UTC 2018

Hello all,
We have a system where we support linux bond mode 1(Active backup) and bond mode 4(LACP). The bonds are pre-created on boot up.Can we add these bonds as a ports to the ovs bridge without breaking any of the linux bond functionality?

I am aware that we can create the bonds afresh using ovs add-bond but want to avoid this if possible.
I did see some references on the mailing list circa 2013 but nothing recent.  Also anything i need to be aware of using ovs bridges with linux bond modes?

truly, Srinivas.