[ovs-discuss] Issue when using local_ip with VXLAN tunnels in OVS

Gregory Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 23:43:08 UTC 2018

On 11/6/2018 3:17 PM, Gregory Rose wrote:

> I see.  It appears you are right and I misread the documentation. OK,
> l'll investigate further then.
>
> - Greg

Siva,

I am still looking into this but wanted to update you on my status.

I am seeing problems with the vxlan local_ip option myself.  Either I
don't actually understand the docs
and examples I've looked at or else there is a real bug but given the
reports from  you and Marcus (in
the email thread you first referenced) I think there must be some issue.

Flavio mentioned that it might be an MTU issue but the testing I'm doing
would not be affected by
the MTU so I think there is something else.

Hopefully I can make some progress on this soon - I'll let you know.

Thanks,

- Greg