[ovs-discuss] Problem at building Open vSwitch

Matej Uhlik matej.uhlik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:07:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

I was following the guide here
http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/general/
but I am stuck, when I fire up "sudo make test" to check if everything is
allright, I am stuck at some error. The details are in pastebin, because
there is no tests/testsuite.log file generated, after this error.

https://pastebin.com/AFEZBXP0

The gcc I am using is
6.5.0 20181026 (Ubuntu 6.5.0-1ubuntu1~16.04).

Also the configuration I stated was
./configure --with-linux=/lib/modules/4.4.0-138-generic/build
--enable-sparse
I think these are right, because I only want to run the Open vSwitch inside
the running Linux as my OS, and want to develop here. My work doesn't
concern the Open vSwitch, that's just the platform, for Click modular
router.

I would highly appreciate any advice, because I am stuck here, and don't
know where to start fixing this problem.

Sincerely,
Uhlik.