[ovs-discuss] OpenFlow port number leak causing OVN GW data-plane down

Han Zhou zhouhan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:06:49 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:34 PM Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 11:01:20PM -0800, Han Zhou wrote:
> > Now comes to my question. The time when all the GW BFD status went down
> > matches perfectly with the time when the port number 65535 is used.
> > However, I still didn't understand why would using the port number 65535
> > cause BFD status down on all tunnels (to other GWs and all hypervisors).
> > Could someone help explain here, so that we are confident that there is
no
> > other potential problems?
>
> It's not obvious to me why it would cause a BFD problem.  Is it
> difficult to look into it?

It was on a live environment. It was recovered after quickly restart OVS.
>From the logs I can't find out more hints. In a test environment I could
reproduced the port number 65535 problem easily but it didn't triggered the
tunnel BFD status down problem. I may try more to reproduce and debug, but
in general what could cause all BFD status down (while network connection
to the node is fine).