[ovs-discuss] Could not Add Network Device p4p1 to ofproto (No Such Device)

Ramzah Rehman ramzahrehman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:08:51 UTC 2018

I have an interface p4p1 on my machine. When I add this interface to
kernel-based bridge the interface is added successfully, but when I change
the bridge to userspace-based bridge and try to add interface p4p1 to the
bridge, it gives "Could not Add Network Device p4p1 to ofproto (No Such
Device)" error.

ovs-vsctl -- set bridge br1 datapath_type=netdev
ovs-vsctl add-port br1 p4p1 -- set Interface p4p1 ofport=1
 Error detected while setting up 'p4p1': Could not Add Network Device p4p1
to ofproto (No Such Device). See ovs-vswitchd log for details.

Best Regards,
Ramzah Rehman