[ovs-discuss] Match on certain bytes in payload

Juraj Markotic juraj.markotic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:21:16 UTC 2018

Hello,
I think  I saw once a method to match in openflow rule on certain bytes in
payload in order to apply some action.
I can't seem to find it looking at documentation.
I would need to match on incoming GTP packet. Meaning there is some UDP
packet (port 2152). Inside this packet there is GTP header and after that
real ip src/dst address (real traffic of mobile user).
I would need to match on this inner ip src (or dst) address. From the
standpoint of ip packet, this is payload so I would neeed to match on i.e
certain bytes of  payload in packet.
Is this possible in any way ?
thanks