[ovs-discuss] OVN: MAC_Binding entries not getting updated leads to unreachable destinations

Daniel Alvarez Sanchez dalvarez at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 11:07:55 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 9:30 PM Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 06:41:33PM +0100, Daniel Alvarez Sanchez wrote:
> > +static void
> > +delete_mac_binding_by_ip(struct northd_context *ctx, const char *ip)
> > +{
> > +    const struct sbrec_mac_binding *b, *n;
> > +    SBREC_MAC_BINDING_FOR_EACH_SAFE (b, n, ctx->ovnsb_idl) {
> > +        if (strstr(ip, b->ip)) {
> > +            sbrec_mac_binding_delete(b);
> > +        }
> > +    }
> > +}
>
> I haven't read the whole thread properly yet, but: why does this use
> strstr()?

I used it because b->ip could be like "50:57:00:00:00:02 20.0.0.10"
and wanted to check if the IP address was present there. I am sending
another email to this thread with more details about the current
issue, to gather more feedback.
As Han says, the patch I sent is not covering all situations and
perhaps it's not the best way to fix it but need to confirm few things
before moving forward.