[ovs-discuss] VXLAN over IPSec - what's wrong

Qiuyu Xiao qiuyu.xiao.qyx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:33:33 UTC 2018

Then the IPsec configuration should be correct. If the VXLAN set up is also correct, the VXLAN traffic should also be encrypted since the outer IP header uses “fd00::10” and “fd00::11”. Did you test VXLAN setup without IPsec enabled?

-Qiuyu

> On Oct 8, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Sebastian Pitei <sebastian at pitei.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi Qiuyu,
>
> Yes, if I try to ping from fd::10 to fd::11 the ICMP gets through and is encrypted.
>
> Seb

>>> cookie=0x0, duration=86993.364s, table=0, n_packets=168419,
>>> n_bytes=16303712, in_port=enp0s10 actions=output:vxlan0  cookie=0x0,
>>> duration=86992.812s, table=0, n_packets=167802, n_bytes=16266100,
>>> in_port=vxlan0 actions=output:enp0s10
>>>
>>> [strongswan_ipsec.conf]
>>>
>>> conn %default
>>>       ikelifetime=60m