[ovs-discuss] Load balancing per session

Kristijan Deković Kristijan.Dekovic at combis.hr
Mon Oct 29 15:44:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

I want to load balance packets per IP session, and my plan is to do that by flows which are recognizing different IPs by wildcard mask.

For example, if we want to send every 8 different source IP addresses on another port we will create something like this:

-          IP1: 1.1.1.0 with wildcard mask 0.0.0.7

-          IP2: 1.1.1.8                                 0.0.0.7

-          IP3: 1.1.1.16                              0.0.0.7

So we want only to match last octet bits. Is that possible by OVS?

BR, Kristijan

IZJAVA O ODRICANJU ODGOVORNOSTI: Sadržaj ove poruke i eventualno priloženih datoteka povjerljiv je, te namijenjen isključivo osobama ili subjektima koji su navedeni kao primatelji. Ukoliko je zbog greške pri adresiranju ili prijenosu ova poruka pogrešno upućena, molimo Vas obavijestite pošiljatelja slanjem odgovora na ovu poruku, a poruku i sve njene priloge odmah, bez čitanja, trajno uklonite s računala. Svako neovlašteno korištenje, objavljivanje, prerada, obrada, reprodukcija, prikazivanje, prenošenje, distribucija, snimanje ili bilo koji drugi oblik neovlaštene uporabe ove poruke je zabranjeno te može biti zakonski kažnjivo. Sadržaj, stavovi i mišljenja izneseni u poruci su autorovi te nužno ne predstavljaju stavove tvrtke COMBIS d.o.o. Osim toga, COMBIS ne prihvaća nikakvu odgovornost za eventualnu štetu nastalu primitkom ove poruke te priloga sadržanih u poruci.

DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY STATEMENT: The contents of this message and possibly annexed data are confidential and intended exclusively for the persons or subjects which are listed as recipients. If this message was due to a mistake in addressing or transfer sent to you by mistake, please inform the sender by replying to this message, and the message and all its contents immediately, and without reading it, permanently remove from the computer. Each unauthorised use, publication, processing, reproduction, presentation, transfer, distribution, recording or any other form of unauthorised use of this message is prohibited and can be punished by law. The contents, positions and opinions stated in the message belong to the author and do not necessarily belong to the company COMBIS d.o.o. In addition, COMBIS does not accept any liability for possible damages caused by the receipt of this message and the annexes contained in the message.