[ovs-discuss] OvS using newer DPDK

Andrzej Ostruszka amo at semihalf.com
Wed Oct 31 15:12:02 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I remember some time ago there was topic raised here about new LTS
release.  I'd like to ask related question - what version of DPDK will
it be based on?  18.11 (which is going to be new LTS release of DPDK)?

If it is then is there anybody already working on that?

I'm asking these questions since I've nailed the reason for getting OvS
crashes on Marvell Armada 8K board.  They are while attempting to set
MTU and there are some patches affecting MTU/MRU calculations that might
help.  So basically I might attempt to backport them or try to get OvS
working with newer DPDK.  Since I prefer the latter I would like to join
somebody doing this update (I don't feel comfortable enough with OvS to
do that on my own).

Best regards
Andrzej